Do you know how to wash a wetsuit? As watersports and the use of wetsuits become more widespread, it is critical to understand how to properly care for them. With proper care, wetsuits are meant to be robust, fit well, and endure a long time.
Wetsuits can be costly, therefore it’s not worth it to invest money on one that will just last you a few weeks or months. It’s critical to follow these wetsuit washing instructions if you want your wetsuit to last longer! With proper maintenance and attention, wetsuits may endure a long time.
How To Wash A Wetsuit 3
Wetsuit Cleaning in 10 Easy Steps
Here’s how to clean your wetsuit in cool or tepid water:
- Rinse the outside of your wetsuit to get rid of any sand and grime.
- Make care to thoroughly rinse the zipper.
- Inside out your wetsuit
- Wash your wetsuit thoroughly from the inside out.
- Place your wetsuit in a water-filled container.
- If desired, use a wetsuit cleaning and conditioner.
- Lather your wetsuit to allow the shampoo to penetrate the neoprene (if using a cleaner)
- Allow it to soak for 10 minutes.
- Take your wetsuit out of the water container.
- Fold the wetsuit and let it to dry naturally from the inside out.
how to wash a wetsuit1How To Wash A Wetsuit
Conclusion: Wetsuit Maintenance
Wetsuits are the best way to stay warm in the water during the cooler months. However, wetsuits get filthy! This article has showed you how to wash your wetsuit to make it last longer, saving you money in the long run—while also providing you with a clean wetsuit that is ready for action.